RSL Care SA is an innovative and progressive provider in the Aged Care arena. In the spirit of our heritage we continue to promote well-being and independence by guiding people to make the most out of life. Established in 1917, RSL Care SA is recognised as a trusted provider of accommodation, care and support that develops innovative solutions to meet the changing needs of the ex-service and wider community.
We are currently seeking an individual to work with our Housekeeping team on a part time basis at our Myrtle Bank facility. Your key role is to provide a positive lifestyle for our residents through maintaining a clean and tidy environment in accordance with best practice guidelines and with contemporary housekeeping practices.
The main responsibilities of the Housekeeping Attendant are:
- In accordance with contemporary housekeeping practices, maintain adequate standards of hygiene and tidiness in residents’ rooms, community and public areas, kitchen, laundry and servery
- Sort personal clothing, prepare for washing and correctly operate commercial and domestic washing and drying equipment
- Fold and iron clean laundry and return to residents
- Keep up to date with Residents cleaning needs by daily monitoring of communications books located in each area
- Be aware of areas of risk and report them to the Hospitality Services Manager, including changes to resident’s health status and ensure changes are documented and handed over to the next shift
- Report and follow up any maintenance issues by recording them in the maintenance book located in each area
- Take responsibility for completion of all cleaning schedules and rosters
- Liaise with other departments including Residential Services, Administration, Lifestyle, Maintenance and Retirement as required
To be successful in this position you will require;
- Demonstrated experience working in an aged care setting or hotel environment is crucial
- Flexibility in adapting to a changing roster
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to effectively work in a multi-disciplinary team
If you are passionate about a career in Aged Care and have a commitment to continually improving our resident’s experience, apply today!
Applications close 31st October 2018
All RSL Care SA employees must be entitled to work in Australia and have a current Federal Police Clearance.